Meet Jason Griggs
As a lender who has been in this business for over 20 years, nothing makes me happier than to attend your loan closing and know everything is on time and as you expected. I especially enjoy helping with the purchase of a first home and knowing that the service I provide is what will make the difference on whether we work together again on the purchase of your next home.
In a community the size of Rochester, it is great to be able to actually run into past clients and find out how much they are enjoying their new homes.
I like to spend my off time with my wife and two children boating, fishing, and camping as much as we can in the short summer months.
Our process is smooth and simple from start to finish:
- Talk with me. I will work with you to help you determine your financing options and answer all your questions.
- Apply Online. Complete your mortgage application at your convenience through our online application.
- Work together through final approval. From the time your application is received, I work with you to ensure you move through the process checkpoints to final approval.
- Closing on your loan. Prior to loan closing, I will review the Closing Disclosure, funds needed and documentation to bring to close with you. On closing day the final documents are signed at the title company and you receive the keys to your new home!
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Jason was referred to us for the purchase of our home. The entire process went very smoothly for us. Jason was professional, knowledgeable and was on top of all the details. We had to tie up some items from an old FHA loan, and Jason was helpful getting that taken care of. We purchased a new construction home, and there were some last minute price changes, and Jason handled them with no issues. He also kept us informed of rate changes, and we were able to lock in at a great interest rate. We were very pleased and would recommend Jason to others.
Jason's name was given to me by a co-worker who used to work with Jason. This was after I voiced concerns about my personal bank not helping me much with my loan process or explaining anything about applying for a mortgage. After speaking with Jason, I felt much better about the whole mortgage application. Throughout our short time of working together, he was able to explain the process of purchasing a house in terms I could understand. Jason was extremely helpful and took care of a majority of the "behind the scenes" details so I didn't have to worry about it! I would recommend Jason to help with any of your mortgage needs. He's available a majority of the time, and when he's not, he responds as promptly as possible.
Jason provided our loan for our new home and was recommended by our realtor who is a personal friend, so we knew we were in good hands. As first-time home buyers, Jason provided us with all the information we needed, and we felt comfortable throughout the entire process. He was always very quick to respond to any questions we had. Our entire process went very smoothly. Even after closing, Jason followed up to make sure we were happy with the process, which was appreciated. I would highly recommend Jason to anyone looking for a home loan or pre-approval.
There are a lot of myths about financing a new home – and we’re here to dispel them for you! Here are some of the most commonly held “mortgage myths”:
- You need a 20% down payment to purchase a home. False! You may qualify for an FHA mortgage or other special program that can reduce the amount of down payment you need.
- Getting pre-approved costs a lot of money. False! At Bell Bank Mortgage, you can apply for online or in-person pre-approval, and it’s fast and free!
- You should wait until you are ready to buy to find out what mortgage you qualify for. False! You should get pre-approved 6 months before you’re ready to move. That allows you more time to save, repair credit issues or even look for a home.
- All mortgage companies are alike: False! Our Bell Bank Mortgage team brings years of financing experience and the region’s largest mortgage bank to your home loan! That means competitive rates, programs, costs and unequaled personal service.